Why This Policy Exists
This data protection policy ensures that all personal data collected, processed, stored, shared and disposed of on behalf of Lawrence Training Limited (LT Ltd) is compliant with the obligations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy has been put in place to ensure LT Ltd:
- Complies with the requirements set out by GDPR
- Protects the rights and privacy of any individual for whom LT Ltd holds data
- Has a clear and consistent approach to the collection, storage and management of data.
This policy applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals
- HR Personnel, Manager, Director or Contact at Company requesting training from L T Ltd.
- Delegate – a person attending a LT Ltd training course or workshop
- Sub-contractor – tutor who has been contracted to deliver a training course for LT Ltd.
What personal data do we collect and who from?
We may collect and process the following personal data (information you provide to us):
- EG. From: HR Personnel, Directors, Managers, Delegates, Tutors, or anyone giving us permission to hold their personal data.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company Address
- Postal address
- Date of Birth (delegates attending ILM courses)
- Curriculum Vitae (trainers)
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our contract tutors, to use it.
Sensitive personal data
In certain limited cases, we may collect certain sensitive personal data from you (disability, ethnic origin, date of birth, etc.). However, we will only do so on the basis of your explicit consent and for explicit purposes (Eg. ILM courses).
Sensitive data supplied by Companies to enable us to complete a training programme may also be collected.
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide appropriate services to you, and whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
Contract performance: we may use your personal data to fulfil a contract or training course:
- To provide the appropriate services to you
- To communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted services
- To provide you with administrative support
- If you are a tutor (sub-contactor), we may also receive information about you from your training provider when they agree to deliver services for us.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with training sub-contractors in order for them to successfully deliver a training contract.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that we protect your personal data and are aware of information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- Training Companies sub-contracted to us in connection with provision of training services
- We will ensure that all recipients will adhere to the obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
How long will we keep your personal data?
- Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by letting us know via an email or telephone call to us.
- We will keep personal data safe until you ask us to remove it.
- Information for ILM courses will be kept for 4 years and then destroyed.
Where do we keep your personal data?
We keep it on a single database held at LT LTD premises. This database is only accessible to senior staff and is protected by a firewall.
In the case of ILM courses, your personal information is collected from you when you complete the appropriate registration form. You permission is gained to share information with the ILM. The sheets are then stored in boxes, and locked away in a secure storage area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via our website, or by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will only share it on a strictly as-needs basis and with your permission.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data.
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the email address given below.
Right to rectification
We aim to keep your personal data accurate and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or if it changes, so that we may keep your personal data up-to-date.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. If you would like to request that your personal data is erased, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us at:
Controlling your personal information
We will not share, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any inaccuracies.