Practical Training Techniques
2 Day Course
To develop workplace trainers in the skills of training their workforce in practical one-to-one/small group sessions.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Trainers who are responsible for on-the-job practical skills training on a one-to-one basis or to small groups.
- Identify learning needs
- Learning styles
- Planning training – the ABC structure
- Involving your trainees – staging and questioning techniques
- Checking your training
- Delegate practice sessions.
- Training to small groups
- Question Technique
- Giving feedback to trainees
- Delegate practice sessions
- Integrating your training into the workplace.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise situations within your workplace where learning needs to take place
- Analyse tasks in order to plan effective training
- Set clear standards
- Design and carry out short pieces of on-the-job training to meet specified needs
- Write appropriate notes to support your training.