1 Day Course
To give participants an understanding of the principles of effective delegation and how delegation may be used to greatly enhance the team leader or manager’s performance and the performance of the team.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
This course is aimed at anyone in a leadership role who wishes to make more effective use of their time at work and significantly improve their own and their team’s performance.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Definitions: ‘Power’, ‘Authority’, ‘Responsibility’, ‘Empowerment’ and ‘Delegation’
- Benefits of Delegating
- Barriers to Delegating/Should these act as barriers?
- The Process of Delegating: How to delegate
- Support mechanisms
- What to/What not to Delegate
- Monitoring: How to monitor
- Feedback techniques: Handling poor performance issues
At the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- Have a greater understanding of delegation and its role in empowering people
- Identify the benefits of and barriers to delegating
- Know how to delegate
- Appreciate a range of support mechanisms for the individual
- Recognise what to and what not to delegate
- Appreciate a range of techniques in monitoring and will know how to monitor
- Be able to deal with poor performance issues