Building the Team
1 or 2 Day Course
To give Team Leaders/Managers the skills to create and develop a committed and cohesive Team and to be able to maintain and improve that Team’s effectiveness.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Team Leaders/Managers who are responsible for getting the best from their Teams
- Objectives for the day
- What is a Team? Is yours a Team or a co-operative group?
- How a Team develops
- What kind of Team player am I?
- Individual strengths
- Team culture: The ‘right’ values
- Ingredients for an effective Team
- Valuing people
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate what makes an effective Team
- Recognise when teamwork is important and where an individual fits in the Team framework
- Appreciate the individual’s particular strengths as a part of a Team and how these can be developed further
- State and appreciate the benefits of teamwork to the individual and the organisation
- Develop a greater understanding of Team dynamics and the role of the leader in developing teamwork
- Recognise how to work together more effectively